N17 Toll Plaza Design And Construction Supervision
Tollinfra was appointed manage the preliminary design and implementation of the N17 Toll Project, running eastwards out of Johannesburg between Leandra and Ermelo.
The project consisted of the development and implementation of 3 mainline toll plazas with ramp plazas.
The Services Provided Included:
- Strategic analysis of toll plaza positioning to optimise the cost of infrastructure versus toll revenue benefit.
- Traffic analysis in order to determine toll plaza sizing and toll lane configurations for a 10 year design period, including future predicted expansions.
- Method of payment analysis to coincide with the plaza sizing and expansion requirements within the context of the migration to Open Road tolling.
- Basic planning and preliminary designs of the toll plazas and control centres, including the civil and structural works, the building works, the electrical & mechanical works, and toll system and communication interfaces.
- Development of tender documents and the management of a tender process for the plaza construction.
- Development of tender documents and the management of tender processes for nominated sub-contracts, or similar arrangements, for the supply of the electrical and mechanical systems.
- Co-ordination of 3rd parties in relation to adjacent road construction, operations and authority activities.
- Monitoring of health and safety, environmental, and quality assurance activities.
- Obtaining of authority permits
- Construction and hand-over supervision of the toll facilities.
This project was undertaken by Tollinfra as the Specialist Consultant to Goba Pty Ltd under the appointment of the South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL).