Lekki Expressway – Nigeria
Lekki Expressway, Lagos, Nigeria
Tollinfra was appointed to oversee certain critical components of the management and implementation of a major toll concession project in Lagos, Nigeria. This entailed the provision of the full scope of Operational Management Services for a Toll Concession Company. The project consisted of the rehabilitation of an existing road and the development of a green fields parallel route which will be used to service a rapidly growing area of Lagos, and placing these under toll.
The project consists of 80 km of tolled road, with 5 mainline toll plazas.
The services provided included:
- Strategic development of the tolling policies and strategies to optimise revenue with capital and operational costs.
- Facility planning in line with the operational and routine road maintenance philosophies.
- Basic planning, preliminary design and detailed design of all toll and road operations infrastructure.
- Basic planning, preliminary design and detailed design of all systems infrastructure, including the toll system, communication systems, and ITS systems.
- Compilation of tender documentation and management of various tender processes for the procurement of toll and other operational electronic systems.
- Supervision and monitoring of construction works of toll plazas, and system implementation including project management.
- Managing the facility Take Over on behalf of the Concessionaire.
- Monitoring and commissioning management of systems installations (factory and site acceptance testing).
- Enabling the Concessionaire to establish an operating entity and training, mentoring and facilitating that entity.
- Mobilisation management and provision of key specialist staff to handle documentation and procedural development, movable asset procurement, recruitment and appointment of staff, training of staff, interfacing with 3rd parties, asset take-over, and management for operational purposes.
Continuing for a period of 5 years to provide toll audit and forensic services to the Concessionaire.